Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Best Christmas in Years!


Ster, Gracie,Jodi, Craig, Joe
Dad, Cole, Carol

Mom, Craig (fart extinguisher)


Reed, Dad and Bob


Dad waiting his turn


Reed and his Homer Chia Pet
My brother Reed from Kansas and his wife and daughter came for Christmas, and as a surprise their son showed up and didn't tell anyone he was coming. It was so nice to have them here for the holidays. The last time we were all together for was back in 1984. Instead of exchanging gifts, we decided to get white elephant gifts and to play the Chinese Present Exchange game. It was so much fun and with my family the presents were what you would call silly (fart extinguisher) that my nephew fought for. That is all I will mention because they just get worse.
Anyways, I think it was nice for my mom to have us there. The only thing that would of been better would have been if my sister Diane would have been there and of course our brother Clint who is no longer with us.
The other great part about Christmas was that Craig's dad is recovering well. He is able to get out of bed and walk with a walker and do physical therapy and he has such a great attitude. Craig's family gathered at Craig's brother's home and then we all went over to see dad at the care center and it was so nice for dad to have us all there. He bore his testimony to us and told us how much he loved us. It was great!

2 comments:

pamela said...

where in kansas?

i'm glad you had a great christmas, you are going to need some lasting cheer to get you through this weather.

Heistermanfamily said...

I to am happy that your Christmas was enjoyable, your family deserves it! I have to tell you that I am so impressed that Netty has a poem that will be published! She is so amazing...She must get it from her MoM.