Saturday, June 13, 2009

Oquirreh Temple




We went to the Oquirreh Temple Tour on Friday as a family and it was such a wonderful experience to be there with my kids too. The temple is exquisite, yet simple and elegant.



The best part of the tour was when they brought us into the sealing room and had us all sit down and you could see into the mirrors. It brought back memories of the day Craig and I were sealed together for time and all eternity and then they had us look into those mirrors and I remember it taking my breathe away. To be sitting there and have my children look into those mirrors and experience the same reaction I had 21 years ago is beyond words.


What a beautiful thing!

2 comments:

pamela said...

how fun! i'm glad you got your kids to go too.

Nettie said...

Mom, I'm so glad you made the reservations. That was the most AMAZING building I have ever been in. I walked in and all the problems from the outside vanished. I felt so peaceful. The celestial room was incredible. I think that experience has made me want to be worthy to be married and sealed in a temple. I wish it could be the Oquirrh Mountain Temple...SO BEAUTIFUL!