Friday, August 8, 2008

MY MOTHER by Janette Jensen


I remember as a little girl I'd wear my mother's shoes, the black heals she wore to work and some flats too. My mother cooked me dinner, she sang me to sleep, inside my heart she was a winner and at night I'd think...

I want to be like my mother, a woman strong, and kind, her sweet laughter fills our home all the time. I want to be like my mother, with her beauty and her love. I want to be like my mother, when I go back home above.

I remember as a little girl I'd see my mother's face and think of all the many things I'd do to make it smile, her love and joy fills our home with each passing day. I love my mother dearly in every single way.

I want to be like my mother, a woman strong and kind her sweet laughter fills our home, all the time I want to be like my mother with her beauty and her love. I want to be like my mother when I'm sent back above.

5 comments:

JMC Design said...

Nettie, Thank you! You make me cry..you are such a precious gem. Thank you for being my daughter I love you so very much. Mommy..

Heistermanfamily said...

That was beautiful! You and your daughter are amazing! Netty is so awesome with her poetry!!!

cathy said...

that was a great poem! what an awsome talent to have!

pamela said...

nettie is right - you are great. she's lucky to have you.

lisa said...

Ah...you two are too cute!!! Love ya both!