Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Any ideas from anyone for good books to read for our book group?


HELP...................
We need help finding good quality books with good writing and a few to throw in there that might just be a little but brainless just for fun books for those busy months.
Send any book names you might have.....we might or might not use them but we are running out of ideas.

Come on Pam, I know you like to read when you can get the chance......
My all-time favorite book is Sacajaweja, but it is long for me it was a quick read but for some it could be a difficult slow read.
I read a ton maybe 3 to 4 books a week. But they are usually quick reads, like mysteries or autobiographies, comtemporary fiction, with a little love thrown in. I mean I like the idea of love but I don't want it spelled out in detail for me.
So come on all you friends and bloggers and family....load me up with book ideas PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!! come on it is really sad for a grown woman to be beggin'

2 comments:

Heistermanfamily said...

I haven't had any time to read lately so I am really not ant help. However if anyone does fill you in on anything good to read please let me know. I will need something to keep me occupied this month. Atleast something that I can let my mind escape to.

pamela said...

i am having a really hard time coming up with one to recommend. what if what i suggest is offensive on some level?

hmm. after much deliberation i might suggest grapes of wrath, because it IS a classic and bryan said it made him openly weep on the train.