Monday, July 28, 2008

Happy Birthday, Craig


July 29th is Craig's birthday he turns 42 years old. Wow, we have been together for 20 years. I can not believe it. Sometimes it seems like yesterday when I was laughing at his Rodney Dangerfield jokes on the phone and going on dates in the old golden truck to Dairy Queen to share a small butterfinger blizzard and driving up to the rocket park and swinging on the swings, because we were both so broke that is all we could afford to do. But we were always laughing and having a great time together. Craig you are an amazing husband with a kind and loving soul. You make me a better person. Thank you for loving me just as I am. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't fall more deeply in love with you. You are my HERO! I am so proud of you for the sacrifices you make for our family and for your country. It is so very difficult to be away from you, sometimes I can't function.... But emailing you back and forth everyday keeps me going. Thank you for always making me feel beautiful, even when I don't have makeup on, and my mom tells me I look horrible without makeup. Thank you for always having words of wisdom when I am feeling down or need your help with something. I can always count on your knowledge. Thanks for fixing dinner on those nights when I can't function and for not making me feel guilty about it. Thank you for loving my family even thou we are absolutely crazy! Thank you for being a man who isn't afraid to show his emotions. (That is one of the reasons I fell in love with you) We have made two beautiful children together, gifts from Heavenly Father, I am so grateful that we have an eternal family. Thank you for your testimony it helps strengthen mine and our family. I appreciate the sacrifice you are making working at a job that is unfulfilling because you can't make that kind of money somewhere else. You are my best friend, my lover, my white knight, my life, and you hold my heart in your hands. I hope you have a great birthday, even though you are away from us, I am sure it will be nice and quiet and that you haven't told anyone, just the way you like it.....All My Love Forever, Jodi

6 comments:

Nettie said...

Golly mom. Make me cry. You know, he's lucky he has you. You're an amazing mom. I'm so grateful you're my mom. (ABOUT) 39 DAYS TILL DAD COMES HOME AND JANETTE CAN GO FISHING! That is what I told dad he was doing with me. That's my present. I'm taking him fishing. I'm so happy to see him.

lisa said...

Make me cry! You are so cute Jod! And you do look great--even if your momma says you look better with makeup on. My momma says the same!

pamela said...

what a great guy that craig is!

Adventures with Bruce and Lorraine said...

My mom says that birthdays should be all about the mother who gave birth! I think it's for the families who love the birthday person, so, "happy" to you. You and craig are both blessed to have each other.

jodi said...

Jodi I am so glad I found your blog, that ode to Craig is so heartfelt and full of love. I am sorry I missed the dinner at RR, maybe next time. Thanks for keeping an eye on Gilly while he's at the Millers!

Heistermanfamily said...

I loved the rocket park! Craig is a great guy, and you are an amazing mom!