Saturday, October 18, 2008

Freeeeeeeeeeeddddddddddooooooooooommmmmmmmmm.........

Oh my gosh, I feel so much relief and like a heavy weight has been lifted off my shoulders!!!

Craig and I called the Junk Guys and rented a trailer to clean out our basement (which was filled with 20 years of CRAP) that we have collected. Which the kids had gone through several times and scattered everywhere. We hated to go down there, for fear of it eating us alive, getting swallowed up and never getting out of it, twisting an ankle, breaking a leg....

Well we started a 7:30 am and finished at 3 pm. We filled that baby to the rim. {4 feet high, 7 feet wide, 14 feet long} 1 ton worth of junk! Okay maybe it wasn't all junk, but by the time the kids stepped on most of it several times, it was smashed, broken, cracked or in someway ruined.



I had 43 years of pictures organized by year and occasion to scrapbook. I can't even tell you all the different places I found my pictures. Well they are all in one place now, but that will take me a good month or two to get in order again. I had a large plastic bin full of my materials for quilting scattered everywhere. I had 6 boxes of scrap booking supplies: papers, 2 boxes are Stampin Up stamps and pads, paper cutters, paper punches, all different scissor shapes, very expensive Stampin Up markers, embellishments, brads, etc, etc, etc.....scattered everywhere. I THINK THESE THREE THINGS SENT ME OVER THE EDGE YESTERDAY!!!!!



However, I didn't yell or scream or lose my temper. I just kept on working and gathered everything and put it away and then when I was done........I told both kids if anyone touches these things without my permission, well I won't repeat what I told them on the Internet, but I am pretty sure we would need to call child services.



I didn't take any pictures because I was to ashamed to let anyone see. Although I did let my friend Lisa down there to see Nettie's red bedroom a month or so ago. EMBARRASSING!!!


Really it was fun to get it all cleaned out and get rid of all that stuff, it really is freeing. I am a pack rat, I will admit it....but the older I get the more I feel less is more. I get really irritable when things are piling up. It makes me very frustrated now.



It was the best $150 we have spent in along time.

A lot cheaper than a visit to the psychiatrist....he he he he! okay I still have to go see him every two months too!

Now onto painting my new office/craft room upstairs and fixing up the spare room. My favorite things to do painting and decorating.

http://www.junkguys.net

4 comments:

lisa said...

I am so excited for you! You've wanted that done for a long time! Did you cry a lot? I have a hard time cleaning out my junk 'closet'! Can't wait to see the kids' rooms!

JMC Design said...

I only cried when I found all the pictures and quilting cutters, all my awesome fabrics and cutting mats, and all my scrapbooking stuff scattered all over. But I usually cry when I get extremely angry and I don't scream or yell. I am okay today though!

Lou-Lou said...

Oh My Gosh...i can`t wait to see it !!!!!!! YYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cathy said...

congrats on the cleaning! there is nothing better than decluttering! ryan has a hard time letting go, i don't so whenever he goes out of town, i start cleaning. i love the way it makes me feel when its all done! good luck on the new projects!